Centreville AC Repair
Cool off This Summer with Service Specialties
Summers in Northern Virginia can be uncomfortably hot. If your AC is not up to the task, the heat will make its way inside your home, making you miserable. Our air conditioning repair specialists have been providing customers in Centreville, Chand the surrounding areas with superior repair services since 1979. We are prepared to put this wealth of knowledge and experience to work for you.
When to Call Your Centreville AC Repair Technician
If your AC system is letting you down, it might be time to call in the professionals. In addition to helping with full-system breakdowns, an experienced air conditioning repair technician can also help you improve the operation and efficiency of your current system. It is a good idea to keep an eye on your cooling system and be aware of the signs of a potential problem.
Symptoms of an AC repair problem include:
- The system doesn’t keep your home at the temperature you set - There a a few reasons your home environment isn't at the set temperature but they generally are either problems with your thermostat, or problems with your cooling unit. It's possible you just need to replace a dirty air filter, but otherwise give your local Centreville AC repair spcialists a call.
- Your AC runs continuously without turning off - If your AC is running around the clock to keep your home environment cool, you will notice it at the end of the month when you go to pay your utility bills. ACs are supposed to cool and rest periodically so this is a sign of a machine that isn't operating at 100%
- The thermostat is malfunctioning or broken - This is one of the leading reasons your AC isn't cooling properly because it can't even read the temperature of the room correctly so it doesn't know the room needs further cooling.
- There are hot and cold spots in your home - This could be because of a blocked air vent, ducts that need repairs, or a machine that isn't operating at 100% Call in your local Centreville AC repair pros and we'll get to the bottom of it.
- You hear strange sounds coming from ductwork or the AC unit - Not all sounds are bad, but if they are so loud that you can hear them from across the room, or the next room over then call in your AC repair experts to get your unit back to normal.
- You notice an unexplained increase in your utility bills - If your machine isn't operating at 100% or if your ducts need repairs, you'll experience a situation where your in home environment will be comfortable, but you'll be paying a steeper and steeper price for that comfort.
- The cooling system won’t turn on - This could be an electrical issue, or it could be an issue with your unit. Try testing the electrical issue first and if that's not the culprit then give us a call.
Through routine AC inspections and making small repairs, you can extend the life of your system and enjoy a nice, cool home all summer long.
Should You Replace Or Repair Your Air Conditioner?
If your air conditioner won't power up, it's easy to assume that it has reached the end of it's lifespan and your only option is to invest in a replacement. However, that may not be the case. At Service Specialties, we will inspect your unit and always conduct any repairs before we suggest a replacement. However, there are certain times where a replacement is the better options.
We recommend replacing your air conditioner if:
- Your unit is 10 or more years old: The older your unit is, the harder it has to work in order to keep your home cool and comfortable. This means your unit will operate less efficiently than it once did. Additionally, newer units have much better SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) than older ones and it could be possible that your current unit doesn't even meet today's efficiency standards.
- Your unit needs frequent repairs: If you're having to call us in for frequent repairs, it might be more cost effective to simply replace the unit. Repairs can add up quickly, especially if you're getting them more and more frequently.
- Your unit uses R-22 Freon: If you have an older unit, there's a chance that it uses R-22 Freon. However, because of its effects on the environment, production of it has been banned. Therefore, it will start to get more and more expensive to recharge or replace the Freon.
- Your current unit cannot keep up with your cooling demands: If you're experiencing hot and cold spots in your home or you're constantly having to adjust the thermostat, it could be that your have an improperly sized unit. Our experienced technicians will assess your home size, cooling needs, and current unit and help you decide whether a replacement makes the most sense.
To discuss your cooling issues with us today, call your Centreville AC repair specialists at (703) 991-0909. We have same-day appointments available.
There is no shortage of causes for a broken air conditioner, but there tend to be a few that are most common. To better understand the repairs that you may one day come across, here are some of the basics:
- Frozen Inside Coil usually indicates a blockage, either in the duct work or perhaps because of dirty filters, that keeps air from flowing. Be sure to clean your air ducts periodically, and routinely change out your air filters. It’s critical to keeping the cool air moving throughout your home. Low refrigerant may also be to blame.
- Low Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air. If it’s low, it may indicate a leak somewhere in your system.
- Faulty Wiring is a serious situation that can cause a fire if not installed properly. Only a certified repair person should ever work on the unit.
- Broken Outside Unit or Fan may indicate either an issue with power supplied to the unit or a faulty thermostat.
Proper maintenance is vital to keeping your air conditioner running smoothly. SSI can provide yearly inspections to address any potential issues before they become a problem.
If you suspect there is something wrong with your air conditioning system, we can help. When you hire Service Specialties to handle your AC repair issue, we will first perform a thorough inspection of your cooling system. We will then provide you with all your repair options, helping you select the products and services that are best for you. If it is necessary, we can even help you with purchasing and installing a brand new AC unit if that is the best option.
We will never pressure you to purchase things you don't need or want. All our air conditioning repair specialists in Centreville are thoroughly trained and NATE-certified. When you work with us, we treat you like family.
For superior AC repair in Centreville, call (703) 991-0909 today. We also offer emergency AC repair services after hours and on weekends.
Service With Integrity
Flat Rate Pricing
24/7 Emergency Services