Indoor Air Quality in Centreville
True Comfort Starts with the Air You Breathe
Apart from the temperature in your home, the quality of your indoor air also matters. Are your allergies acting up? Does your room feel dry, especially in the winter? It may be time to start paying attention to your indoor air quality. Service Specialties offers a wide range of proven solutions. As Northern Virginia’s premier comfort specialists since 1979, we go beyond heating and air conditioning. Our goal is for you to feel the most comfortable in your home, and that starts with the air you breathe.
Learn more about our air quality solutions in Centreville or the surrounding areas! Call us at (703) 991-0909 to consult with our experts.
Importance of Good Indoor Air
We spend up to 90% of our time indoors. If the air you breathe all those times is of poor quality, this can have adverse effects not only on your health but also on your overall quality of life. Consult with Service Specialties today to find the best solution for your indoor air quality problem.
We offer top-of-the-line air purification systems and whole-house humidifiers from trusted manufacturers. These products can significantly improve your indoor air quality, so that you can immediately feel the difference right after the installation.
Some of the benefits you can expect include:
- Easy breathing
- Reduced allergens
- Odor elimination
- Balanced humidity
- Better sleep
Improve Energy Efficiency and Indoor Air Quality During Your Next Home Upgrade Project
If you’ll be upgrading or remodeling your home in the coming year and seek to improve your home’s energy efficiency, you’ll want to assess how your improvements will impact the indoor air quality inside your home. The U.S. EPA has developed a voluntary guidance document, Healthy Indoor Environment Protocols for Home Energy Upgrades, that offers a set of best practices for improving indoor air quality in conjunction with energy upgrade work in homes.
When it comes to your residential heating & AC system, here’s what the EPA’s guide recommends.
Recommendations for Upfront Assessment:
- Evaluate the condition of the existing HVAC system components (e.g., furnace, boiler, air handler, heat pump, associated ductwork).
- Include an evaluation of whether the system is functioning properly.
- Determine whether the HVAC system is properly sized.
- If HVAC replacement or modification is anticipated, base sizing calculations on post-retrofit conditions.
Minimum Actions to Take:
- Based on an assessment of equipment condition and sizing, repair, modify or replace equipment to meet minimum corrective actions for proper heating and air conditioning functionality.
- If repairs are needed to restore HVAC unit to proper functioning, repair in accordance with industry best practices.
- If replacing equipment, base sizing calculations on post-retrofit conditions.
- Install new equipment in accordance with industry standards AND verify installation in accordance with standards.
- Ensure newly installed central forced-air HVAC systems have a minimum MERV 6 filter, no filter bypass, and no air cleaners designed to intentionally produce ozone.
Expanded Actions to Take:
- Replace functioning HVAC equipment that is near the end of its service life with new energy efficient HVAC equipment and base sizing calculations on post-retrofit conditions.
- Consider using filters with a high MERV rating (11 or above) if equipment capacity is sufficient to accommodate the pressure drop.
Be sure to work with a Virginia-based contractor who understands the relevant industry standards and who you can trust to help you through the process. At SSI, we offer HVAC and indoor air quality upgrades, repairs, and inspections to keep you comfortable indoors.
Learn more about the specifics of these standards in the EPA’s guide, Healthy Indoor Environment Protocols for Home Energy Upgrades.
Contact Service Specialties Today
At our local company, we treat every customer like family. Each member of our team truly cares about your comfort, health, and satisfaction. We want you to feel your best and breathe easier at home or your place of business. Allow us to improve your indoor air quality in Centreville or Northern Virginia. Our experts are looking forward to serving you!
Call (703) 991-0909 to start improving your indoor air quality today!